Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Barn Dance Fun!!!


Who could imagine so many of our club are completely unable to follow instructions?  Over 100 people joined in the fun last Saturday at the club's first Barn Dance with hilarious results.
 
The Assembly Rooms at Dedham provided a stunning backdrop with guests enjoying a Pie and Mash supper before dancing the night away to Skylarking.
 
When I heard that we would collectively be spending the evening doing... "Dip and Dives", "Swing", "Ladies Chains" and "Stripping the Willow" I wasn't sure we were that kind of club, little did I know they were all dances!!  I clearly had much to learn. 
 
Steve, the band's caller, joked that the classes of 7 year olds he teaches seemed more coordinated but what we lacked in talent we made up for with enthusiasm and a lot of laughter!
 
I don't think any of us will be winning Strictly but we had such a good time we are thinking of making it an annual "do-si-do" !


1 comment:

  1. I love all the denim and checked shirts!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete